Sunday, October 24, 2010

A New Woman and More

I am now a married lady! As many of you know, I recently wed my sweet love in a gorgeous and perfect autumn ceremony on the island of Nantucket. It was magical in so many ways. I walked out with my dad through a hedge on a bluff overlooking the ocean just at the time when dusk was drawing near. And what was the music? Of course it was Icelandic throughout. Olafur Arnald's tunes brought us into the ceremony. My beautiful husband and I were overjoyed from the moment. We were married by his aunt, who is also a yoga teacher. We incorporated Ganesha into the ceremony and chanted to him, as well as did a handfasting ritual with mala beads. And our ending song was Sigur Ros carrying us into our new life.
You can check out some pics from our super talented and special photographer friend, Jen Altman.

www.lovebyjen.com
*click on 'love' then click 'nantucket' and once through with those, click 'polaroids' to see a few more.
Jen was even more than I hoped for as a photographer. She was more like an old friend and even helped assemble flowers and keep us all smiling. She's superb!


On another note, I just hit the 5 month mark in my pregnancy! The little guy (yes, we found out it's a boy!) and I are doing great. I've felt him moving around and I also have more energy, which is so much better than how my first trimester went. Back into the routine of my practice and teaching this week. And I've added a prenatal yoga class once a week at Karma Cambridge. So, if you are a mom-to-be or even if you are newly postnatal, come do a slow flow with me targeting our needs. It's every Wednesday from 4-5pm.

Happy soup eating, scarf wearing, fire huddling, and tea drinking...

No comments: