Saturday, October 15, 2011

October on Island




Mid-October here on Nantucket, and it's a blustery but sunny and perfect temperature day.  It's been a week of rain, cloudy days, walks in the breeze, new colors peeking about, new music to cook, bake, and practice yoga to.  We've made a few new friends here on the island.  We've now been here 3 1/2 months and still have 1 1/2 or so to go, so it's nice to know people to call up.  Our home in Somerville has gone through ups and downs during this energy retrofitting and construction phase.  We think we're over the last hump and just trying to relax and wait it out now until our early December move-back-in.
New music?  Well, it's been Iceland Airwaves week across the Atlantic...and oh how I wish I could have been there for the incredible line-up.  My dear friends, Nina and Sam, are there taking it all in for me!  Bjork, the queen goddess of unique, vibrant, melodic splendor released her Biophilia this week (on the full moon day at that) so I've been listening all week.  My faves are the songs Virus, Crystalline, Moon, and Thunderbolt though the entire album is wonderful.  Plus, if you haven't checked out Olafur Arnald's latest free Living Room Songs, do so immediately.  Near Light makes me want to run out into the moors and jump/dance with all the love I have.  And Lag Fyrir Ommu will make you miss dear ones and remember the grace they portrayed on you.  The combination of all of this music made for new creative sequencing in my yoga practice and centering vibes this week.  As always, thank you Iceland for the music that you provide to us all!

No comments: