Friday, October 5, 2012

October News: Workshop, Iceland, Mamas Yoga


Hi everyone,

Cheers to another new month!  Many of us in New England believe this is the BEST month of the year...and I am one of them.  :)  It's been a fun and chill summer for the most part and awesome to see so many of you on a regular basis.  May you all now feel inspired and ready for change & a new start as autumn sets in and we move forward on the paths to our future and whatever dreams we all individually hold in our hearts.  Something to remember that might help:

"If you never change it's more difficult to see your true nature. You see yourself Because you are changing, not despite the fact that you're changing." -- from Art of Attention by Erica Jago & Elena Brower

My Workshop is this Saturday, Oct. 6th at Karma Yoga-Harvard from 2-4:00pm!  It's called Body/Soul Recharge: a practice to restore the Immune System.  I'm super excited to bring you all some tools through a hatha yoga practice that I've built specifically to release stress/anxiety and relax the nervous system.  When feeling sick or fatigued, built up stress can be just the thing that seduces an infection or illness to settle in your body.  We'll play with ways to breathe, meditate, and move it out.  And then we'll discuss & sample herbal remedies from some of my favorite herbalists, talk nutrition, and other ways to stay healthy through the start of the cold & flu season.  
Plus, Joanne Daley, our wonderful massage therapist at KYS, will be around to offer chair massages to anyone interested, and throw in a few tips herself!  
*All levels are welcome, though I do recommend having at least some yoga experience.  :)
--Check out the invite on Facebook.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Next week, my husband, son, and I are traveling to my beloved Iceland!  It'll be our first trip back since having Isak, so we're super excited.  I'll be reconnecting with some friends and acquaintances there, practicing yoga with locals, hanging out in their quirky coffee shops, hopefully hearing some favorite tunes, getting a funky new haircut, visiting museums, and best of all taking in the brilliant landscape and countryside.  
My hope is to start getting inspired to plan another Yoga Adventure getaway sometime in the next 2 years...
I'll have lots of pics and news to share upon my return.  
This means I will have subs on these days:

Wednesday, Oct. 10thBethania subs my 6:00 vinyasa at KYS
Thursday, Oct. 11thStephanie subs my 7:30 beginner's vinyasa at Bow Street
Sunday, Oct. 14thRachel Arnold subs both the 10:15 hatha and 11:45 vinyasa at KYS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**In other retreat news...I'm pleased to announce that I'll be co-leading an amazing yoga trip to kickoff summer 2013 with my awesome friend, Checka Antifonario, at Xinalani in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!!  
Now, so far I've only led more adventurous trips.  But THIS.  Well, it's an all-inclusive yoga resort!  It will be SO relaxing and perfect for pampering yourself after a long school year or year of work, or whatever else this year ahead holds.  Plus, it's totally affordable.  Rough estimates of prices for a week of yoga and meals and fun will be ranging from $1200-1500.  :)
Checka and I will have full details coming soon and more information on our websites in a few weeks.  So stay tuned!  But, maybe start thinking about May 25-June 1st with us...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--My Mama friends out there?  In case you aren't on FB, or haven't heard...I'm hosting a monthly Yoga for Mamas small private class in my home studio!  I take the first 5-6 mamas to sign up and then you come over on a weekend day for a 75 min. practice and then some tea and chitchat.  The one in September was super nice.  My next one is Saturday, Oct. 20th at 10am.  Email if you want a spot!
I have more details on my website about it, too.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wishing you all brilliant month, and thank you, as always,

Jenn

No comments: