Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hope Renewed, this Playlist was a Catalyst

Tuesday night to my surprise, I had a really nice-sized class!  Thank you to those that came out for such a powerful class.  I truly felt the most amazing energy in that room.  I had chosen for some reason this old playlist that I created back in July, 2007 to play that night...as we vinyasa-ed our way with intentions set for belief in the change that was about to occur for our country.  Everything brought that night, was simply love.  I felt strength.  I felt courage.  I felt most of all unity.  Students from other countries that couldn't vote, those voting for the first time or with many elections behind their belt.  No matter what the votes, opinions, beliefs were that night, we were all there together with the spirit of love and hope guiding us.  By the end of practice as savasana brought stillness and I sat with everyone, there was an honest to goodness vibration of light energy just radiating the room.  It was pure magic.  And so I only hope for more chances to create such moments.  

1. M Ward:  Well-Tempered Clavier (instrumental)
2. M Ward: Paul's Song
3. Feist: I Feel it All
4. Michael Franti & Spearhead:  Hello Bonjour
5. India.Arie: Video
6. John Mayer: Belief
7. Tori Amos: Taxi Ride
9. Feist:  My Moon My Man
9. Citizen Cope: Hurricane Waters
10.     "           "    :  Deep (instrumental)
11. Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova (Once): When Your Mind's Made Up
12. Leona Naess:  One Kind of Love
13. Once soundtrack:  The Swell Season (instrumental)
14. Joanna Newsom:  "En Gallop"
15. Mum:  We Have a Map of the Piano
16. Sigur Ros:  Staralfur
17. Sigur Ros:  Saeglopur

No comments: